NEW DELHI 31-Mar-2019: The Social Democratic Party of India, (SDPI), will be contesting in a few selected seats in six states viz. Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Delhi in the ensuing 2019 Lok Sabha elections. In total the party will contest 15 Lok Sabha seats. While in Andhra Pradesh apart from one Lok Sabha it will field 2 candidates in the Assembly elections which are being held simultaneously.
Abdul Majeed, SDPI general secretary, has said that though the SDPI’s agenda is Positive Politics but seeing the prevailing situation in the country it is not contesting all the seats in the 2019 elections. As such the SDPI from where it is not contesting polls will support those secular political party candidates which have the capabilities to defeat the BJP at the hustings.
In Tamil Nadu the SDPI has forged an alliance with a regional political party known as Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam, (AMMK) led by TTV Dinakaran. Out of 39 seats SDPI will be contesting on one seat i.e. Chennai Central while AMMK will field candidates in 38 Lok Sabha constituencies, he said.
According to Abdul Majeed the states in which the party will put up its candidates are: Kerala (10 seats), Andhra (1+2 seats) while Karnataka, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Delhi one seat each. The slogan of the party during the campaign for the 2019 elections shall be “Vote SDPI, the Real Alternative”.
The Lok Sabha Assembly candidates and their constituencies are as under:-
- Ajmal Ismail from Attingal; 2. K.S. Shan from Alappuzha; 3. VM Faizal from Ernakulam; 4. PP Moideen Kunhi from Chalakkudy; 5. Adv. KC Naseer from Ponnani; 6. P Abdul Majeed Faizy from Malappuram; 7. Babu Mani Karuvarakundu from Wayanad; 8. Musthafa Kommery from Vadakara; 9. KK Abdul Jabbar from Kannur & 10. Thulaseedaran Pallikkal from Palakkad;
Andhra Pradesh State
- Abdul Waris from Kurnool Parliamentary seat;
- Yousuf Moulana from Emignoor Assembly seat & 2. Hafiz Ataulla from Nandyal Assembly seat
- Elyas Muhammed Thumbe from Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore).
West Bengal State
- Taheedul Islam from Jangipur.
Tamil Nadu State
- K.K.S.M. Dehlan Baqavi from Chennai Central.
- Dr Tasleem Rahmani from Delhi North East.
Central Office, New Delhi
Social Democratic Party of India
Ph. No: 011-46014659